Let’s play with play dough today!
You can easily make one with your children. Let them play with the dough using their hands, cookie cutter, plastic cutlery or anything around the house, like a leaf for example, that can be used to leave a mark on the dough.
By using their hands to play with the play dough, the children will improve their fine motor skills and enhance their sense of touch as they discover the texture of the soft dough.
Let their creativity and imagination turn the dough into a form of art.
Why not play with play dough today? Use store bought play dough or make yourself with this recipe:
Homemade play dough recipe
- 8 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp table salt
- 60ml warm water
- Food colouring
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the water, a few drops of food colouring and the oil.
- Pour the coloured water into the flour and mix together with a spoon.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour and turn out the dough. Knead together for a few minutes to form a smooth dough.
- Store in a plastic ziplock bag (squeeze out the air) in the fridge to keep it fresh.
(Photo from Alimkids Putra Heights. Contact us here for more info about our Alimkids centres)