Time for a smoothie! Fruit Smoothies are made from fruits and milk, blended together until smooth. This mixture contains vitamins and fiber from fruits, plus calcium and protein from milk. The best part is, children can also help out in preparing this yummy drink. Studies show that involving children in food preparation could be an opportunity to develop healthy eating behaviors and to increase vegetable consumption (van der Horst, Klazine et al. “Involving children in meal preparation. Effects on food intake.” Appetite vol. 79, 2014).
Recipe for easy Banana Oreo Smoothie:
– Two medium size bananas
– 3 cups of milk (cold milk preferred)
– 5 pieces of oreo cookies, crush 2 pieces as topping.
1. Cut bananas into smaller pieces.
2. Pour the milk into the blender.
3. Put the bananas and 3 pieces of oreos into the milk, blend until smooth.
4. Pour into cups and top with crushed oreos.
(Photo from Alimkids Bukit Jelutong. Contact us here for more info about our Alimkids centres)