3D Play Doh
Let’s create 3D playdoh! By using tooth picks and playdoh as a connector, children can create 3D shapes such as cube, pyramid or any 3D shapes according to their imagination.
Research shows that young children’s abilities to engage in geometric thought and spatial reasoning can support their overall mathematical and cognitive development (Clements, Douglas & Sarama, Julie & Joswick, Candace. 2018, Learning and Teaching Geometry In Early Childhood).
Homemade Playdoh Recipe
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup salt
– 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
– 2 cups lukewarm water
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– Food coloring, optional
1. Stir together the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large pot.
2. Next add the water and oil.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the dough has thickened and begins to form into a ball.
4. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly and then knead until smooth. Add colouring if you want to.
5. Store the playdoh inside an airtight container to keep soft. Keeps for up to 3 months.
(Photo from Alimkids Bukit Jelutong. Contact us here for more info about our Alimkids centres)